Monday, May 14, 2012

Dale is 64!


 
[Note: Dale was 64 on April 18, 2012]

NOW YOU’RE SIXTY-FOUR
How’d you get old with all that gray hair?
Can’t believe it’s true.
You are still my sweetie-pie, my valentine.
Birthday greetings, husband of mine!

When I get up at quarter to three,
wakened by your snore.
Yes, I still need you, and I’ll still feed you,
Now you’re sixty-four!

oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oooo 
I got older, too, (ah ah ah ah ah)
And if you suffer GERD,
I’ll get Tums for you.

You could be handy, making a stew,
While I’m still at work.
You can spray the bushes with insecticides.
Sunday p.m. bicycle rides.

Readin’ ‘bout Frodo, dancing the jive,
Vacuuming the floor.
Yes, I still need you, and I’ll still feed you,
Now you’re sixty-four.

Every summer we can rent a cottage
At Big Cedar Lodge, if it's not too dear.
We shall rock and roll.
Grandchildren on our knees
Norah, Dom, and Noel.

Send you an email, text you a line,
Update my status, too.
Indicate precisely that I’m here to stay.
Love you always, waste not a day.

My final answer, no phone-a-friend,
Yours for evermore.
Yes, I still need you, and I’ll still feed you,
Now you’re sixty-four.

No comments:

Post a Comment